Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chem Log #1 - Snakey Mathematics (Amphetamine Salts {Adderall}) [Subject: Self]

My experience with amphetamines, mostly amphetamine salts, has occured over the past 8 or so months, since late December of 2009. I was prescribed them by my doctor for possible ADD, and upon noticing their euphoric and focus-increasing effects, decided to hone them for recreational use.

My first time trying it was, as to be expected, the most incredible, probably enhanced by the fact that I didn't know what the hell was going on. I took my 20 mg dose of Adderall IR in the morning and, after about 30 minutes, began to feel really... good. A fantastic body high grew inside of me, as did an extreme mental euphoria. I became extremely affectionate with my girlfriend, as well as my two housemates.

Of course, as I experimented more, different effects came. Early this year, each usage was proceeded by a psychosis and a bad depression. I stopped doing it for awhile, though eventually returned to try it once more and figure out exactly why this depression happened. Finally, through deep thinking, it occurred to me why I became depressed afterward:

I was sad that the good effects were wearing off.

As a person with major depressive disorder, this was not a fun thing. Through discovering this, however, I was able to eliminate this horrid effect. The only negative effects I really feel now are exhaustion from lack of sleep, and an annoying cotton-mouth. These symptoms can change depending on whether I am taking Adderall IR or XR.

I know my limits, and I know addiction, as I've been a smoker for one-and-a-half years. I've never been addicted to Adderall, though have gotten close; upon realizing that I was on the edge of addiction, I simply stepped back for awhile.

That is an overview of my personal experience with Adderall, and i'm sure other posts on it will be made more than once.

Chemical composition:
  • 1/4 dextroamphetamine saccharate
  • 1/4 dextroamphetamine sulfate
  • 1/4 (racemic dextro/levo-)amphetamine aspartate monohydrate
  • 1/4 (racemic dextro/levo-)amphetamine sulfate



Symptoms experienced (personally):

  • Increased alertness (Heightened over time)
  • Increased motivation
  • Increased talkativeness
  • Euphoria (Dulled over time)
  • Reduced appetite
  • Dilated pupils
  • Restlessness
  • Dry mouth
  • Headache (Rare)
  • Tachycardia
  • Bruxism (Under control)
  • Increased blood pressure
  • Dizziness (Rare)
  • Twitching, uncontrollable ticks
  • Insomnia
  • Depression (Under control)
  • Inability to achieve orgasm


Reference of Amphetamine chemical make-ups:

No comments:

Post a Comment